Monday 6 April 2009

Transiting in KL

Last night I got in to KL. Siew Leng took me to see Shan's band performance. That was cool to see the creativity and musical talents of young Malaysians. They were having a good time, so was I. If that wasn't enough of a treat, later on, they took me to this restaurant called Look Out Point on top of a hill. Honestly, I didn't expect such a welcome. After a band then a mountain experience? I took the liberty of breathing in as much fresh air as possible, and hopefully cleaned out some of the pollution in my lungs. There were eight of us. I was so impressed by their hospitality and would love to come back here again and again. By the way, I got to dazzle them with my less-then-stellar Bahasa Indonesia, which is similar to Malay. A brother commented that he's never seen a Thai who's so Malaysian like me. Well, by now, I've sorta acquired the skill to blend in and out of a few cultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment